- Transport software for VSEs and SMEs: what does it add to the company's value chain?
- La traçabilité en temps réel : gage d’un pilotage réussi pour la fonction transport d’une TPE / PME
- Cloud-based TMS for VSEs and SMEs: the benefits of digital archiving of transport documents
- How do I choose the right transport software for my business?
Long regarded as an ancillary function, logistics today represents a lever that can be optimised to increase a company’s value chain, particularly in the case of VSEs/SMEs.
The emergence of cloud-based TMS (Transport Management System) software has transformed companies’ logistics functions. Once reserved for the logistics of large groups, TMS software is now used by small and medium-sized businesses.
DDS offers transport software for VSEs and SMEs that need an integrated digital system to compete in today’s marketplace. TMS Free is 100% free and without obligation!
Transport software for VSEs and SMEs: what does it add to the company's value chain?
Transport software for VSEs and SMEs can bring a number of benefits to the value chain of small and medium-sized businesses.
Efficient supply chain management makes it possible to :
- reduce costs,
- optimise delivery times,
- improve customer satisfaction,
- and boost a company’s competitiveness.
In more detail, automating the various stages of a company’s transport function saves time and money at every stage:
- planning delivery operations,
- real-time traceability of flows
- management of internal vehicle fleets or those operated by transport service providers,
- digital archiving of transport documents and proofs of delivery,
- communication with customers on the status of their order and delivery,
- calculating and analysing logistics performance (KPI indicators for cost, carbon emissions, etc.)
- reduce the costs of your logistics service providers by strategically selecting carriers for each delivery, etc.
TMS software offers a wide range of functions that can be customised to suit your exact mode of operation.
They enable you to optimise each logistics circuit and keep costs down.
They ensure quality of service, by optimising time (saving human resources) and information exchanges between stakeholders (the company’s various departments, suppliers for supplies, service providers if required for transporting parcels and pallets, etc.).
Efficiently managing the transport function of a VSE or SME is made possible by a major technological advance: real-time traceability and cloud-based operation.
La traçabilité en temps réel : gage d’un pilotage réussi pour la fonction transport d’une TPE / PME
Real-time traceability makes it easier to monitor and control the flow of goods throughout the supply chain.
Knowing the location and position of products at all times, at every link in the transport chain, right through to delivery to the end customer, is an optimum lever for an agile, proactive company that can react quickly to any unforeseen event that may occur during the life of a product or customer order.
Thanks to traceability tools, data and information are transmitted in real time throughout the supply chain to each player (shipper, freight forwarder, carrier, etc.).
Everyone has access to the same information at the same time: transparency and better monitoring are becoming the new leitmotifs for your VSE/SME!
As the customer, you know exactly where your goods are. Real-time traceability is immediately beneficial for your company, as it leads to :
- better management of transport operations,
- lower costs,
- optimised lead times, and a much higher quality of service and communication.
Cloud-based TMS for VSEs and SMEs: the benefits of digital archiving of transport documents
Most transport software for VSEs and SMEs operates in the cloud.
Digital archiving of transport documents offers a number of advantages:
- no more accumulation of paper documents
- saving space on your premises
- reduced costs for printing, sending invoices, catalogues and paper documentation
- reduced risk of information destruction (fire, water damage, deliberate manual destruction, etc.)
easier data sharing,
- saving time when searching for a specific document
- secure access to documents and archives
- real-time monitoring of connections to the cloud.
How do I choose the right transport software for my business?
Choosing the right transport software for your small or medium-sized business is an important step, and one that can prove costly: at least that’s what many VSE / SME / ETI managers think.
At DDS, we are well aware of this problem. We are also aware of the growth levers that TMS software can bring to your Supply Chain. That’s why we’ve developed the TMS Free offer, 100% free of charge and with no obligation.
When selecting a digital transport management tool, we recommend that you :
- list the logistics processes you want to automate. Is it the planning of delivery operations? The fleet of internal vehicles? Digital archiving of transport documents? Or all the stages in the logistics circuit?
- Check that the software meets the transport needs of your business.
- Choose modular software to keep pace with your changing needs.
- Choose a publisher who will be present at every stage of installation and who will answer your questions (technical support, etc.).
The TMS Free offer takes all your criteria into account to ensure that the solution implemented in your SCM (Supply Chain Management) is exactly what you need.